Hi all! Sorry that this is going up late, but I was under the weather yesterday. Last week was a bit of a rough week. I did not have an opportunity to prepare what I had planned last week, or this weekend, actually. I do have a few ideas rolling around in my head though for meals for this week. So far, I have the following thoughts given our change in temperature this week:
1. Chicken Noodle-less soup. My plan is to use spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti noodles, but I may make spaghetti noodles for some of my family. I am thinking the leftovers of this will also make a tasty lunch for a few days as well.
2. Beans and special cornbread. A family favorite in our house. The recipe I use for my cornbread is a variation of my Mom's recipe. The short version of this recipe is that I use ground beef, a recipe for cornbread from scratch and some cheese. This is so good that we tend to eat the cornbread by itself.
3. Breakfast for dinner. I will likely make a "Denver omelet" type casserole because I have a ton of bell pepper leftover from last week.
4. Bacon Lettuce Tomato sandwiches.
5. Spaghetti and Marinara. I will need to make the Zero Point Marinara that we enjoy. I may pull out some of the chicken meatballs that I have in the freezer.
6. I am thinking either a variation on a Mexican lasagna or bean burritos for another meal.
I was going to try a beef and broccoli recipe, but I am having difficulty finding everything I need for it, so I may wait a little longer on that one. I also may make a batch of the creamy cauliflower potato soup that I posted the recipe for on October 3, 2018. It just seems more and more like we're actually getting some cooler weather this year.
I had a gain of 0.6 on Saturday when I weighed in. Again, I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I just need to focus on trying to get my steps in, along with my water and getting my blue dot each day. NSV for this week though, while I need to lose some more weight in my stomach, I did fit into (it buttons and zips) into a skirt that I couldn't fit into just a few weeks ago.